|Hiring the Right Telemarketers|
Businesses who wish to do a telemarketing campaign often make the mistake of simply hiring an "experienced telemarketer" from a freelance site, send them a business list to cold call, and wait for their b2b sales leads to come pouring in. But there is an important portion missing here, can you guess what? It’s the assessment of KPI's that measure the effectiveness of telemarketing applicants. To have truly successful telemarketing campaign, you have to have above average professional telemarketers doing your cold calling.
You might think that this is not important because the telemarketer will only talk to your prospective clients until they get the appointments and then you’d step in, but when you hire b2b telemarketers, they become the voice that will represent your business to the world. If you don't do the necessary steps required to qualify your telemarketers, then your b2b sales leads will see the telemarketer as a reflection of your own business. Remember, your business leads don't know and don't care whether that b2b telemarketer was a regular employee or a contractual.
When you hire a truly qualified telemarketer (e.i. experiences PLUS skills), you not only ensure that you will get business leads, but the quality of the b2b leads you receive will also be affected. When you hire freelance agents, you have to make sure that your future b2b telemarketers are capable of doing the job effectively and successfully. Now, there certainly a lot of key performance indicators enumerated across the web, but here are a few important factors to gauge your telemarketers. While the process of qualifying your b2b telemarketers can be made easier by hiring an expert b2b telemarketing company, knowing these information will also be helpful.
- Reliability - asking your applicants why they are applying to be your telemarketers is important if you want to achieve good results. Applicants who are say that they see you as a good opportunity should be further asked: what happens when an even better opportunity presents itself?
- Drive - a goal-oriented employee will more actively seek out alternative solutions when faced with a problem instead of simply sulking. When you have telemarketers who are properly driven, they will be more thorough when qualifying leads so that you only get business appointments with high quality business sales leads that are more easily converted.
- Intellect and alertness - most job interview questions are practically the same in every industry and answers can be formulated beforehand; asking your applicants a completely random question will force them to think of an answer on the spot. This will help you gauge if they can handle b2b leads’ questions that were not covered by your telemarketing script.
- Tact - it is also important that you ask your potential b2b telemarketers how they would handle irate, disrespectful, and unwilling loud business leads. When they express strong antipathy towards a negative trait of your potential b2b leads (of which there would certainly be plenty), then they might just end up in an argument with one of your b2b leads.
- Outlook - a positive outlook is important in a job where they is a huge possibility of rejection and stress. When your telemarketer's glass is already half empty, they have have a greater risk of getting burned out, over-stressed and depressed. A telemarketer that is positive will be able to handle stress better.
Hiring telemarketers should never be rushed. Take the time to find the right b2b telemarketer for your business and your b2b telemarketing lead generation campaigns will truly be productive.